Bài tập phân biệt tính từ đuôi ing và ed là dạng bài tập thường gặp trong tiếng Anh và có nhiều cấu trúc và cách sử dụng khác nhau gây trở ngại cho người học tiếng Anh.
Để giúp các bạn hiểu rõ hơn về cách sử dụng của cặp đuôi này, sau đây BNOK.VN xin chia sẻ cách phân biệt và bài tập tính từ đuôi “ing” và “ed” giúp bạn vận dụng hiệu quả. Nội dung chi tiết mời các bạn cùng tham khảo và tải tài liệu tại đây.
Cách phân biệt tính từ đuôi ing và ed
1. Tính từ có đuôi “-ed”
Bạn đang xem: Bài tập phân biệt tính từ đuôi ing và ed (Có đáp án)
Một số động từ thêm đuôi -ed thành tính từ như: satisfied, bored, frightened,…Những từ này được dùng để miêu tả ai cảm thấy như thế nào.
E.g.1. I am really satisfied about your service. (Tôi thực sự hài lòng về dịch vụ của công ty bạn.)
E.g.2. I was really bored during the film because the film has simple content. (Tôi cảm thấy chán trong suốt buổi xem phim vì bộ phim ấy có nội dung đơn giản.)
E.g.3. My sister is frightened of my friend because he is usually dare her. (Em gái tôi sợ bạn tôi vì anh ấy hay đe dọa em ấy.)
2. Tính từ đuôi “-ing”
Một số tính từ đuôi -ing như: boring, exciting, interesting, frightening,…Những tính từ này được dùng để miêu tả ai, cái gì mang lại cảm giác như thế nào cho đối tượng khác.
E.g.1. It was such a short film, exiting one. (Đó là một bộ phim ngắn tập – bộ phim khiến tôi cảm thấy rất hào hứng.)
E.g.2. Taylor looked so frightening when she was in that white costume with long black hair.
(Taylor trông đáng sợ khi mặc bộ đồ trắng toát với bộ tóc đen dài ấy – Taylor mang lại cảm giác đáng sợ cho người khác).
Những tính từ được thành lập từ động từ thêm hậu tố luôn sử dụng “more” trong câu so sánh hơn và “most” trong câu so sánh nhất. Ví dụ:
E.g.1. When I was a child I was more frightened of snake than ghost. (Hồi còn nhỏ tôi sợ rắn hơn sợ ma.)
E.g.2. For 12 hours on the flight to Japan, I was the most bored I’ve ever been. (Trong chuyến bay kéo dài 12 giờ đến Nhật Bản, tôi cảm thấy chán nhất từ trước đến nay.)
Việc tính từ đuôi “-ed” với “-ing” lần lượt bị hiểu nhầm là được sử dụng cho người và vật là do sự trùng hợp. Thông thường, chỉ con người mới cảm thấy điều gì (tương ứng với cách dùng của tính từ đuôi “-ed”) và sự vật thì mang lại cảm giác cho con người (tương ứng với cách dùng của tính từ đuôi “-ing”).
E.g. This history book is interesting. I get more interested in history. (Cuốn sách này thú vị. Tôi quan tâm hơn đến lịch sử rồi đấy.)
Tuy nhiên, cách hiểu này trùng với nhiều trường hợp nhưng không đúng với tất cả. Chẳng hạn như trong mẩu hội thoại sau:
E.g.1. I’m so bored that I can’t find anything to do but taking selfies. (Tớ chán quá nên chẳng biết làm gì ngoài việc tự chụp ảnh.)
E.g.2. You’re boring. You came here to see me and then can’t take your eyes off your cellphone.
(Cậu chán thật. Cậu tới đây để gặp tớ và sau đó cậu dán mắt vào điện thoại).
Trong trường hợp này, người bạn chỉ biết chụp ảnh mang lại cảm giác chán cho người đối thoại, nên dù chủ ngữ là người, tính từ cần dùng lại là “boring” chứ không phải “bored”.
Mẹo phân biệt tính từ đuôi “ing” và “ed”
Thường thì đề thi TOEIC rất hay bẫy chọn tính từ đuôi “ing” hay “ed”
Với dạng thức như Ví dụ 1: He is an ________ person, cho dù là danh từ sau (person) chỉ người hay vật thì lưu ý luôn chọn tính từ dạng “ing”.
Còn đối với dạng bài như ví dụ 2: He makes me _______. Khi các câu xuất hiện 2 chủ thể khác nhau ví dụ “he” và “me” ở đây, “he” tác động vào “me” và một dấu hiệu nữa chính là động từ “make” động từ tác động (làm cho, khiến) thì chọn tính từ đuôi “ed”.
Một số động từ trong thói quen của đề thi Toeic thường chia tính từ dạng “ed”:
Một lưu ý nữa là khi thấy trong đề thi xuất hiện dạng thức giới từ đi kém ví dụ như: “I am interested in him” thì chọn tính từ dạng “ed”.
Bài tập phân biệt tính từ đuôi ing và ed
|Từ||– ING||– ED|
Bài 2: Viết lại câu dưới đây sao cho nghĩa không đổi
1.Junior is bored with his job at present.
➔ _________________. (boring)
2. This funny film was entertaining my family.
➔ _________________. (entertained)
3. My elder brother likes playing video games every Sunday.
➔ _______________________. (interested)
4. That football match was exciting for me yesterday.
➔ ________________________. (excited)
5. Her children are interested in swimming in the morning every summers.
➔ _____________. (keen on)
Bài 3: Khoanh vào đáp án đúng nhất trong các câu dưới đây
1.Linda is ____________ in buying a new house for her parents.
2. Everybody is _____________ that his younger brother passed the TOEIC test the last day.
3. This film is __________.
4. My mother is a busy teacher. At the end of the day’s work, she is often ___________.
5. Sandy is starting a new job next Monday. She’s quite ______________ about it.
6. Many meetings aren’t so ______________ as this one was.
7. My grandfather was __________by how shockingthe accident was yesterday.
8. Windy was ____________ by the confusingstreet signs in that city.
9. Kin was very __________ in the history lesson. He almost fell asleep.
10. Feeling tired and _____________, Peter went out alone.
1. My bath was_________. I feel _________now. (RELAX) – relaxing/ relaxed
2. Joe is _________ because he had a _________day. (TIRE) – tired/ tiring
3. How to get the cheese was _________. The mouse was _________. (CONFUSE) – (confusing/ confused)
4. So much homework was _________. The student felt _________. (OVERWHELM) – overwhelming/ overwhelmed
5. Your jokes are _________. I am _________. (AMUSE) – amusing/ amused
6. I was so _________by the movie. The scenes in the movie were _________. (TOUCH) – touched/ touching
7. The TV program was _________. I felt _________while watching it. (BORE) – boring/bored
8. My angry father’s words were _________. I felt_________. (UPSET) – upsetting/ upset
9. The nurse’s big needle was _________. I felt _________when she walked over to me! (FRIGHTEN) – frightening/ frightened
10. Ted forgot to close his zipper. It was _________. Ted felt _________. (EMBARRASS)
– embarrassing/ embarrassed
11. Getting hit in the behind with an arrow was _________. Lancelot felt _________. (HUMILIATE) – humiliating/ humiliated
12. My alarm clock wouldn’t stop ringing. I was _________. The sound was _________. (ANNOY) – annoyed/ annoying
13. I was _________after reading the _________news headlines. (ALARM) – alarmed/alarming
14. The movie, King Kong, was _________. The children who were watching it were ______. (TERRIFY) – terrifying/ terrified
15. I felt _________ after getting a _________ massage. (PLEASE) – pleased/ pleasing
16. Michael Phelps was _________. Michael Phelps’ Olympic win was _________. (EXCITE)
– excited/ exciting
17. I was _________. The painting called “Mona Piggy” was _________. (INTRIGUE)
– intrigued/ intriguing
18. He heard a strange sound and was _________. The strange sound was _________. (CONCERN) – concerned/ concerning
19. Her weight loss from the diet was _________. She was _________. (ENCOURAGE)
– encouraging/ encouraged
20. The taste was _________. I was _________. (SATISFY) – satisfying/ satisfied
21. He’s such a monotonous speaker. I was ________________ stiff. – bored/ boring
22. Most sequels are ________________. (disappointed/ disappointing)
23. I had such a ________________ day I went straight to bed. (tired/ tiring)
24. Everyone’s very ________________ about the news. (excited/ exciting)
25. That lamp produces a very ________________ effect. (pleased/ pleasing)
26. The whole school was ________________ by the tragic event. (saddened/ saddening)
27. I don’t like watching ________________ films on my own. (depressed/ depressing)
28. I was ________________ when she told me she’d got divorced. (amazed/ amazing)
29. He’s such a ________________ guy. He only ever talks about himself. (bored/ boring)
30. I’m very ________________ in films and theatre. (interested/ interesting)
31. No one knew what would happen next. We were all ________________. (intrigued/ intriguing)
32. It was a very ________________ situation. (interested/ interesting)
33. There’s been some very ________________ news. (surprised/ surprising)
34. His mother was ________________ by what she found under his bed. (disgusted/ disgusting)
35. Their hamburgers are ________________. (disgusted/ disgusting)
36. Dad always arrives home from work thoroughly ________________. (exhausted/ exhausting)
37. He’s always showing off. It’s really ________________. (annoyed/ annoying)
38. I think Alex is one of the most ________________ people I’ve ever met. He can’t keep still for a second. (annoyed/ annoying)
39. I walked into this restaurant and there was Andy with a strange woman. He seemed really ________________. (embarrassed/ embarrassing)
40. She kept talking about her boyfriend problems all night. It was rather ________________. (embarrassed/ embarrassing)
41. By 12.00 Susan felt so TIRED that she went to bed
42. I heard the film was good, but it was very DISAPPOINTING
43. Being alone in an old house at night can be FRIGHTENING
44. Anita was so EMBARRASSED that her whole face turned red.
45. Jerry gets BORED if he has to study too much.
46. It’s very CONFUSING to be taught in so many classrooms.
47. Dolly said that the twenty-mile walk was EXHAUSTING.
48. Are you INTERESTED in going to the beach tomorrow?
49. I was really SURPRISED when my employer gave me the day off.
50. Why don’t you go away and stop being so ANNOYING!
51. What a _____ (shock) thought. (shocking)
52. Have you heard the _____ (suprise) news about Alice and Ted? (suprising)
53. I thought it was the most _____ (astound) thing I’d heard in a long time. They’re always fighting like cats and dogs. (astounding)
54. I agree with you. I was pretty _____ (shock) when I heard about it myself. (shocked)
55. I was always _____ (worry) that they would break up. Now I can relax. (worried)
56. What a _____ (depress) idea. (depressing)
57. That would be an _____ (upset) thing to happen. (upsetting)
58. Dogs often feel ___ during fieworks. (frightened/ frightening)
59. The metro can be ___ the first time you use it. (confusing/ confused)
60. Satoru was ___ to hear about the earthquake. (shocked/ shocking)
61. I think that rainy days in winter are ___. (depressed/ depressing)
62. She’s ___ of doing the same thing every day. (bored/ boring)
63. It was the most ___ I have been watching a film. (excited/ exciting)
64. The meals at Immigrant’s Cafe are ___. (satisfied/ satisfying)
65. Sally has been running for three hours and now she is _________(EXHAUSTED)
66. My brother had an accident and his situation is quite _________(WORRYING)
67. When we visited that abandoned house it was really _________(DEPRESSING)
68. I think he was _________because he called me Mary and my name is Rose. (CONFUSED)
69. That film is not _________despite being a comedy. (AMUSING)
70. Your bathroom is _________! Couldn’t you clean it a little? (DISGUSTING)
71. Are you _________in reading one of my novels? (INTERESTING)
72. What is the most _________story you’ve ever heard? (FRIGHTENING)
73. It was the most _________meeting I have ever attended. (BORING)
74. When we broke the vase, we felt very _________. (EMBARRASSED)
75. Is the book you are reading very _________? Interest (-ING)
76. The new James Bond film is really _________. Thrill (-ING)
77. We were both _________that she hadn’t heard the news. Surprise (-ED)
78. The images of the war were very _________. Depress (-ING)
79. I nearly fell asleep in the cinema. The film was so _________. Bore (-ING)
80. She had such good marks that she was very _________. Encourage (-ED)
81. Can you tell me where that _________ noise comes from? Annoy (-ING)
82. They were _________ the weather wasn’t good yesterday. Disappoint (-ED)
83. My sister was _________ by my old toys. Fascinate (-ED)
84. When you are not in good spirits, it is _________ to stay in bed all day. Tempt (-ING)
85. I do the same thing every day. My job is very ______. BORING
86. I have nothing to do. I’m ______. BORED
87. My job is very varied. I find it ______. INTERESTING
88. I’m ______ in applying for the job. INTERESTED
89. I heard some very ______ news. I’m going to lose my job. I feel terrible. DEPRESSING
90. Cheer up. Don’t feel so ______. There are plenty of other jobs. DEPRESSED
91. I heard a very ______ story. It will make you laugh. AMUSING
92. It’s not ______ that you failed the exam. You never did any work. SURPRISING
93. It was an _______ game. It made us_______. (exciting/ excited)
94. Yesterday she heard _______ news. She was so _______ that she couldn’t say anything. (surprising/ surprised )
95. Jennifer is _____ because she’s getting married today. (excited/ exciting)
96. David is so _____, all he talks about is his computer. (bored/ boring)
97. I’m really _____ about my interivew. (worried/ worrying)
98. Niran was _____ to get a letter from his ex-girlfriend. (surprised/ surprising)
99. There’s nothing _____ on TV tonight. (interested/ interesting)
100. Javier had a very _____ holiday in Greece. (relaxed/ relaxing)
101. Hi, Jane. Have you had an _____ (interest) day? (interesting)
102. I’ve had a very _____ (excite) day. It’s my birthday today. (exciting)
103. I’m a little _____ (confuse). I thought your birthday was next month. (confused)
104. Oh! Now I’m _____ (embarrass). I didn’t get you a present. (embarrassed)
105. That’s _____ (disappoint). But it’s OK. (disappointing)
106. Now I’m _____ (depress), too. (depressed)
107. Hey, I’ve just had a _____ (fascinate) idea. (fascinating)
108. Why don’t we go shopping and get you a present right now? That way we can get you something really _____ (please). (pleased)
109. What an _____ (enchant) idea. Where shall we start? (enchanting)
110. Hi, Mark. You look _____ (tire). (tired)
111. Yes, I am. I’m totally _____ (exhaust) (exhausted)
112. That’s the _____(frighten) thing. I’m starting to believe that it will never be finished. (frightening)
Đăng bởi: BNOK.VN
Chuyên mục: Giáo Dục